PEBA RO Compounds
Off the shelf Pebax® & barium sulfate compounds
In an effort to reduce lead times, Compounding Solutions now offers off the shelf Pebax® SA01 MED and 20wt% barium sulfate (BaSO4) compounds. Pebax® and BaSO4 are both USP biocompatible. We provide superior filler dispersion in our PEBA RO compounds by utilizing advanced processing equipment and custom screw designs. This means PEBA RO compounds are ideal for your most demanding thin wall applications where dispersion is critical.
- Standard lead times of 3 days and always in stock
- Minimum order quantities of 10 pounds
- Heat and UV stabilized products also available (denoted by a “S” suffix in the part number)
- MED grades have qualifying specifications with 12-months change notification
|Part Number||Compound Description|
|PBX2520||Pebax® 2533 SA01 MED, 20wt% BaSO4|
|PBX3520||Pebax® 3533 SA01 MED, 20wt% BaSO4|
|PBX4020||Pebax® 4033 SA01 MED, 20wt% BaSO4|
|PBX4520||Pebax® 4533 SA01 MED, 20wt% BaSO4|
|PBX5520||Pebax® 5533 SA01 MED, 20wt% BaSO4|
|PBX6320||Pebax® 6333 SA01 MED, 20wt% BaSO4|
|PBX7020||Pebax® 7033 SA01 MED, 20wt% BaSO4|
|PBX7220||Pebax® 7233 SA01 MED, 20wt% BaSO4|
Pebax (Polyether-block amide) is a plasticizer-free thermoplastic elastomer that is ideally suited for medical grade tubing and film due to its ease of processing and wide range of properties.
- Available in hardness of 25 to 72 Shore D.
- Sterilization feasibility (contact us for information on steam, ETO and gamma sterilizations)
- Bondable by adhesives or RF welding
- Excellent elastic recovery
- Excellent impact resistance and low rigidity at low temperature
- Consistent hardness and flexibility at room and body temperatures
- High torque transference and kink resistance
- Chemical resistance superior to most TPE’s depending on the Polyamide block content.
Barium Sulfate (BaSO4):
Barium sulfate is a white powder that occurs naturally as barite or in the synthetic form Blanc Fixe. It has a density of (4.5 g/cm3) and offers radiopacity. Barium sulfate is the most widely used radiopacifier in the medical device industry because of its ease of processing, excellent dispersibility, color stability, and low-cost.
|Let Compounding Solutions superior quality compounds help with your urgent device development needs today. Contact us or use the quote option to get your project started.|